Sundt Construction Commercial Building Group is growing and looking to hire a Project Superintendent for our Irvine Region. We are a 128 years old general contractor and 100% employee owned. We offer better then average compensation and an extensive benefits package. So if you are a Project Superintendent with experience please apply today!
Project Superintendent will plan, coordinate, and supervise the field and/or administrative operations of projects. They will provide technical direction and have responsibility for the safety, costs, productivity, profitability, and overall quality of the work (including self-performed work) for the project(s). The PS will establish productivity goals and measure performance as well as schedule labor, materials, and equipment, including the work of subcontractors and may supervise one or more field superintendents.
1. Provides leadership and guidance to assigned project team members and subcontractors.
2. Ensures work is executed according to contract terms and conditions.
3. Develops and manages the construction plan for the successful execution of the work performed.
4. Prepares and updates the original CPM Project Schedule and ensures the schedule is kept current to manage the project appropriately while utilizing LEAN processes and Weekly Work Plans.
5. Conducts weekly coordination meetings with project teams and subcontractors and prepares daily field status reports.
6. Interacts effectively with owners, teams and other stakeholders to maintain a positive project environment and exceptional client experience.
7. Assists in the review of shop drawings, submittals, subcontract change orders and purchase orders.
8. Coordinates the documentation of design conflicts and clarifications with the appropriate personnel.
9. Coordinates and performs the timely completion of all punch lists and develops a schedule as required by the owner for the successful start-up and commissioning of all systems.
10. Assures the development and implementation of the Project Quality Management and Safety plans according to Sundt standards.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience required.
2. Must have construction project and supervision experience in similar types of facilities.
3. Must have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, and methods), negotiations, engineering, cost control, scheduling, and safety.
4. Excellent communication, organizational, and supervisory skills are essential.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis.
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
6. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis.
7. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis.
8. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.).
9. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day.
10. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.