Estimator I and II titles are developmental positions within the preconstruction department. The EI/EII provides support for single large projects or multiple smaller projects. Primary duties include participation in bid efforts, working with teams on Design Build and CM at Risk delivery methods, and providing administrative support to the estimating department. The EI/EII is expected to be competent in basic estimating tasks and is developing an understanding of more advanced estimating principals including conceptual estimating, project logistics, and indirect costs.
1. Accurately performs quantity takeoff.
2. Provides document control (sublists, distribution of plans, addenda, etc.) for assigned projects.
3. Solicits pricing for projects in the hard bid environment.
4. Develops abstracts and competently evaluates basic trade bids.
5. Develops pricing for basic project elements and assists in the preparation of key estimating deliverables.
6. With oversight from senior personnel, develops budget uploads and purchasing plans.
7. Drafts subcontracts and purchase orders for review by senior personnel.
8. Supports conceptual estimating efforts within the department, including development of basic models for review by senior personnel.
9. Assists in the pricing of project logistics, including hoisting, personnel lifts, and temporary construction elements.
10. Develops basic understanding of indirect costs, including insurance, taxes, and fees.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
2. Experience levels for positions are as follows:
a. Estimator I: 1-3 years of experience.
b. Estimator II: 2-5 years of experience.
3. Preferred candidates will have obtained their LEED accreditation, or express willingness to obtain.
4. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
3. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
4. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
5. Will lift, push or pull objects pounds on an occasional basis
6. Will interact with people and technology frequently during a shift/work day
7. Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic devices on a frequent basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.