Monitors one or more specific projects for safety and provides technical assistance to assure that the company's loss control practices are being followed.
1. Recommends procedures to improve existing safety methods.
2. Maintains current knowledge of legal and contractual requirements affecting safety, health, and welfare.
3. Supervises the provision and use of protective clothing and equipment.
4. Verifies the suitability of new or rented equipment.
5. Determines potential hazards on new contracts before work begins.
6. Monitors any changes in safety requirements.
7. Verifies that first aid facilities are adequate and properly maintained.
8. Participates in activities to support the company’s strategic planning efforts.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. BS Degree required.
2. 5+ years’ construction safety.
3. 3+ years’ supervisory experience.
4. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
7. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
8. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
9. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
10. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.