Performs required clerical functions including computation of required and voluntary deductions, preparation and verification necessary to process payroll checks, and maintenance of payroll records and reports. Prepares and submits various governmental reports and reconciles various accounts. Requires some analysis and individual judgement in the application of required calculations and verifications required to process payroll.
Responsible for various specific duties such as interim check processing, and wage and benefit setups.
1. Batches, processes, and verifies labor time sheets and communicates with jobsite personnel to reduce errors.
2. Audits weekly 40 hour exception reports, processes W-4's, PAF's, and craft transfers and runs standard system reports, i.e.., time and pay edits and certified payroll reports.
3. Has overall knowledge of payroll operations and how they affect other departments.
4. Troubleshoots problem areas, determines source, and affects solutions.
5. Creates and sets up reports required for various payroll operations.
6. Responsible for certain specific duties such as: bank reimbursements, garnishments, payroll re-class, weekly payroll tax payments and labor distribution, set up of check route codes and administrative payroll.
7. Responsible for wage and benefit table setup and associated payments.
8. Processes interim checks, including void checks, and calculates payoffs.
9. Processes payroll cycle weekly.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. High school diploma or equivalent and some entry level college accounting classes.
2. A minimum of three years accounting experience, with a minimum of one year in payroll.
3. Excellent data entry skills, 10-key, telephone communication and organizational skills required.
4. Capable of high volume output under stress and able to work extended hours on a regular basis.
5. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
3. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
4. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
5. Will lift, push or pull objects pounds on an occasional basis
6. Will interact with people and technology frequently during a shift/work day
7. Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic devices on a frequent basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.