Sundt Construction Commercial Building Group is growing and looking to hire a Preconstruction Project Manager for our San Diego office. We are a 128 years old general contractor and 100% employee owned. We offer better then average compensation and an extensive benefits package. So if you are a Preconstruction Project Manager with experience please apply today!
The Preconstruction Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage risk for the company during the preconstruction phase by providing oversight and leadership to preconstruction teams. They are typically involved in multiple projects, but may be assigned to a single large project when merited. In addition to having responsibility for the technical success and execution of the projects they work on, they are also responsible for managing the relationships with the other team members. Preconstruction Project Managers are ultimately responsible for the quality and timeliness of all estimating deliverables for assigned projects. Day to day efforts are focused on management of teams, but individuals will occasionally be asked to develop work product when appropriate or when necessary to manage the flow of work in the department.
1. As assigned, performs both basic and advanced estimating tasks as necessary to manage the flow of work in the department
2. Take ownership of assigned projects and ensure accountability of team members (including themselves).
3. Provides oversight for key deliverables, to include budget uploads, purchasing plans, subcontracts, purchase orders, General Conditions and project logistics.
4. Provide review of conceptual estimates to ensure numbers align with historical costs and market conditions.
5. Works with Preconstruction Manager to appropriately staff projects and ensures timeliness and professionalism of deliverables.
6. Manages expectations of clients and internal partners regarding work flow.
7. Responsible for compliance with owner contracts.
8. Facilitates the review of projects risks with senior management.
9. May serve as the Design Manager during pursuits and post award as well.
10. On negotiated projects, establishes “Conditions of Success” during preconstruction phase.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
2. Ten or more years of experience in an estimating role.
3. Successful history executing projects as the prime point of contact with minimal oversight for project teams:
a. Preconstruction Project Manager I: projects valued to $50M
b. Preconstruction Project Manager II: projects valued to $50 to $200M
4. Ideal candidates will have project experience in one or more key market sectors identified by the business unit.
5. Preferred candidates will have obtained their LEED accreditation and DBIA certification, or express willingness to obtain.
6. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand, or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis.
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis.
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
6. Will interact with people and technology frequently during a shift/work day.
7. Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic devices on a frequent basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Construction Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.