Sundt Construction Commercial Building Group is growing and looking to hire a Senior Estimator for our San Diego office. We are a 128 years old general contractor and 100% employee owned. We offer better then average compensation and an extensive benefits package. So if you are a Senior Estimator with experience please apply today!
Senior Estimator operates with minimal oversight on preconstruction teams, frequently serving as the principal point of contact with the design team and the owner. Senior estimators are capable of leading all types of project delivery methods and have demonstrated competence in basic and advanced estimating functions. Senior Estimators are knowledgeable regarding cost for all work elements including mechanical and electrical systems and prepare conceptual estimates, general conditions, and logistics plans that require minimal review by senior staff. Sr. Estimators will also provide training and mentoring to estimators on staff.
1. Capably performs basic estimating functions including quantity takeoff, pricing development for all trade work (including mechanical and electrical scopes), and abstracting (including the development and analysis of trade bids).
2. Leads the preparation of estimating documents/deliverables with minimal oversight from Senior personnel, to include budget uploads, purchasing plans, subcontracts, purchase orders, General Conditions and project logistics.
3. Performs advanced estimating tasks to include serving as the prime point of contact for hard bid pursuits, coordinating constructability reviews, and applying appropriate indirect costs including insurance, taxes, and fees.
4. Provides feedback to design team regarding cost and constructability.
5. Develops conceptual estimates for review by senior personnel.
6. For projects where third party consultants are involved, provide justification and reconciliation of Sundt estimates.
7. Provide coordination with operations to ensure a reasonable plan (schedule, logistics, staffing) has been developed.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
2. Ten or more years of experience in an estimating role.
3. Successful history executing projects as the prime point of contact with minimal oversight for project teams
a. Senior Estimator I: projects valued up to $50M
b. Senior Estimator II: projects valued between $50M and $200M
4. Ideal candidates will have project experience in one or more key market sectors identified by the business unit.
5. Preferred candidates will have obtained their LEED accreditation and DBIA certification, or express willingness to obtain.
6. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand, or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis.
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis.
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
6. Will interact with people and technology frequently during a shift/work day.
7. Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic devices on a frequent basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Construction Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.