The Project Administrator is responsible for providing administrative, secretarial, and clerical support to the project. They will maintain a professional working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers and may supervise and provide training for the Project Secretary, as well as participate in the Individual Development Review for that employee.
This position includes three 'steps' (I, II, and Senior), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. Step I is the entry level for individuals with limited experience in this position. Step II is used for employees with 2 years of experience in this position, or with experience on larger and more complex projects. The 'Senior' step is used for employees with 4 or more years of experience and/or experience on significantly larger or more complex projects
1. May supervise and provide training for the Project Secretary, and may participate in the Individual Development Review for that employee.
2. Sets up and maintains standard project files: general correspondence/filing, subcontractor/ purchase order agreements, vendor files, time sheets, and Prolog Company set-up files.
3. Types and distributes project correspondence and coordinates all project payables and receivables with Accounting Department and may maintain and reconcile jobsite petty cash and other accounts, as required.
4. Performs and sets up subcontracts (work orders) and logs in JDE and Prolog and generates sub package with job-specific forms and sets up and maintains subcontract change orders (supplements) and budget adjustments in JDE and processes subcontractor pay applications after Project Manager's approval and maintains in Prolog.
5. Assists with owner billings and coordinates receipt of owner funds and release of sub payments.
6. Maintains and distributes Billing Status Report. Tracks executed subcontracts/ supplements, insurance, bonds, pre-liens, lien releases, and joint checks.
7. Assists with project close-out as requested by the project team and performs duties as required by project close-out checklist and generates and audits reports including equipment, labor, material, subcontractor committed, cost, and job cost.
8. On remote projects, will coordinate with Corporate Employment office in preparing and coordinating hiring guidelines, applicant flow logs, pre-employment drug tests, employee orientation, and/or employee separation.
9. Sets up, maintains, and ensures full compliance of Bulletin Board postings with federal, state, and government agencies, and local and Sundt posters and policies.
10. Ensures that all compliance required records (I.e., certified payroll, minority craft hiring goals, monthly utilization report, and daily manpower reports for all contractors on the project) are completed in a timely and accurate manner, and are on file and ready for auditing.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Two-year accounting degree or equivalent combination of business training and/or related experience.
2. Must be proficient with word processing and spreadsheet software.
3. Good organizational skills are necessary.
4. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
7. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
8. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
9. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
10. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.