Manages day-to-day construction activities, including supervision of craft employees and subcontractors. Schedules field activities in coordination with the project schedule. Is responsible for safety, production goals, quality control, and cost control. May supervise one or more craft groups and/or scopes of work.
This position includes three 'steps' (I, II and Sr.), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. Step I is the entry level for individuals with a minimum of experience in this position and the ability to manage 1-2 crews and/or foremen, and subcontractors Step II is used for employees with a greater level of experience and the ability to manage multiple foremen and/or crews, and subcontractors, or with experience on larger and more complex projects. Sr. is used for employees with several years of experience and the ability to manage multiple foremen and/or other field superintendents, subcontractors, or with experience on larger and more complex projects.
This position includes three 'steps' (I, II and Sr.), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. Step I is the entry level for individuals with a minimum of experience in this position. Step II is used for employees with 3 years of experience in this position, or with experience on larger and more complex projects. Sr. is used for employees with 5 years of experience in this position, or
with experience on larger and more complex projects.
1. On self-perform projects this position may acquire, develops and manages craft field team, including: establishing and communicating performance expectations, providing positive and constructive feedback, determining training and development needs, and conducting on-the-job training to ensure relentless execution of the project. May conduct Individual Development Reviews.
2. Enforces the project management plan (PMP) to ensure the activities in the field are consistent with the plans policies and procedures.
3. Prepares and maintains a detailed schedule for specific areas of responsibility. Ensures scheduling, sequencing of activities and all changes are incorporated, developed, controlled, managed and communicated daily to the project team and actions are taken to ensure timely execution.
4. Uses available reports to manage project scope and ensure the appropriate steps are taken to build the project successfully in the field. Understands and may participate in the development of the Monthly Progress Report.
5. Ensures project control activities and costs are managed daily and that appropriate actions are taken to ensure consistent deliverables and a successful project execution. Demonstrates business acumen within area of responsibility. Has an understanding of the change management process.
6. Assists with or manages the implementation of LEAN planning.
7. Participates in business development and preconstruction activities as directed.
8. Assists with or conducts subcontractor meetings.
9. Assists in or conducts review of shop drawings and design conflicts along with RFI review and implementation and manages Quality Control and Safety responsibilities as well as subcontractor coordination and oversight. Ensures the quality management plan is followed and verifies the quality of work being installed meets and/or exceeds Sundt’ s expectations.
10. Emphasizes a culture of safety throughout the project and ensures the safety plan is executed relentlessly. (This should be the first Key Responsibility)
11. Conducts risk management analysis on a daily basis working with project leaders to ensure timely mitigation and documentation.
12. Reviews the following for proper preparation and coding: Time Sheets, Quantity reporting, and daily costs. Completes all daily reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner, consistent with the Sundt Management System (SMS).
13. Oversees, directs, and coordinates manpower, equipment, material, and subcontract activities in accordance with the project schedule. Ensures the material management plan is followed as well as any change control processes required to administer contracts or purchase orders.
14. Assists in or manages the selection of equipment, construction methods, and sequencing of operations.
15. Demonstrates competency in understanding the environmental control processes for the project and takes corrective action when necessary.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Minimum of two years supervisory experience in similar construction technology, methods, equipment, tools, and work procedures required.
2. Understanding of construction scheduling and cost control and the ability to control and supervise employees and subcontractors is essential.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
7. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
8. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
9. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
10. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.