The Scheduling Engineer will provide technical assistance in creating and updating CPM schedules at all phases of each project throughout their duration, from conceptual to close-out. You will be Sundt Construction's in-house scheduling expert, including coordinating the CPM schedule creation and updating tasks directly with the project superintendent. The Scheduling Engineer produces and delivers various reports from the CPM schedule to the project team and may supervise one or more scheduling engineer assistants. The Scheduling Engineer position includes 2 steps based on experience in the function which are as follows:
1. Assists the project superintendent with the management of the CPM schedule for the successful execution of the work, including the coordination of the means and methods, manpower, equipment and material resources required to accomplish this goal.
2. Conducts project CPM schedule review meetings at each of proposal, baseline and update phases.
3. Develops proposal phase CPM schedules from project information provided by the estimating team and historical database.
4. Regularly updates and maintains the historical CPM schedule database.
5. Creates the baseline schedule based on logic and sequence information provided by the project superintendent.
6. Revises each project CPM schedule on a weekly basis from reports completed by the project superintendent.
7. Assists the Project Superintendent with the incorporation into the CPM schedule the effects form design conflicts and clarifications.
8. Provides reports each month to the general manager indicating the status of the CPM schedule for each project.
9. Produces a final as-built CPM schedule at the completion of each project.
10. Assists in the development of claims by providing analysis of project CPM schedule performance.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Four year construction management or engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
2. Five years or more of CPM scheduling experience in similar types of construction.
3. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, and methods), scheduling systems, negotiations, engineering and cost control schedules.
4. Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential.
5. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
7. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
8. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
9. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
10. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.