Is the technical source of information for the project and should have a thorough knowledge of the construction documents, subcontracts, and purchase orders. Responds to questions about drawings, specifications, shop drawings, and change orders. Maintains an effective and professional working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers. May assist with the supervision and/or training of Field Engineers.
This position includes three 'steps' (I, II, and Senior), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. Step I is the entry level for individuals with a minimum of experience in this position. Step II is used for employees with 3 years of experience in this position, or with experience on larger and more complex projects. The 'Senior' step is used for employees with more than 6 years of experience and/or experience on significantly larger or more complex projects.
1. Demonstrates an understanding of the components of the project management plan (PMP) including the project scope management plan, procurement plan, environmental plan, time management plan, financial plan, quality management and safety plans and risk management plan to ensure successful project execution. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the change management process.
2. Develops an understanding of the prime contract, subcontracts, purchase order agreements, and allowance items as well as contract drawings and specifications. Administers elements of the processes involved in budgeting and controlling costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget. Demonstrates business acumen within area of responsibility.
3. Develops a procurement schedule and integrates it with the project CPM schedule. Procures necessary material and equipment. Coordinates submittals with other trades. Reviews all submittals for compliance with the contract documents.
4. Prepares and reviews change orders, including time extensions, with the appropriate personnel before submittal to the owner. Maintains the change order log and, upon receipt of executed change orders, distributes documents as required to company and subcontractor field personnel. Prepares cost control budget adjustments and executes in a timely manner.
5. May participate in concrete form design and related equipment selection and will participates in takeoffs for concrete, asphalt concrete, earthwork, and utilities as required.
6. Prepares and maintains quantity reporting mechanisms and coordinates agendas and prepares minutes for all meetings as well as maintaining various project logs.
7. Maintains "As-built" contract documents. Compiles close-out requirements, including operation and maintenance manuals, warranties, and other job-specific items required by the specifications.
8. Plans, acquires, develops and supervises members of the project team to ensure relentless execution of the project.
9. Prevents claims, identify potential claims, quantify, mitigate/resolve the effects of those that do occur on a timely basis.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Four-year construction- related degree or equivalent technical training and related experience, plus a minimum of three to four years of similar construction engineering experience.
2. An advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc., plus in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units, is required.
3. Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines. Should have the skill/ability to supervise and/or train Field Engineer positions if so required.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis.
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis.
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
6. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis.
7. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis.
8. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
9. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
10. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.