Sundt Construction Commercial Building is growing in California and looking to add a Project Manager for a $400 million project at UC Santa Cruz. Sundt Construction is a 128 year old general contractor and 100% employee-owned. We offer a competitive salary and very generous benefits package. So if you are a Project Manger with construction experience please apply today!
Project Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management to assigned projects in a safe, profitable, and timely manner. Manages the work in a manner consistent with standards of quality and integrity. Participates as requested in the marketing, estimating, bidding, and contract negotiation phases of the projects assigned. Primary function is to serve as champion for the execution of the work ‐ preconstruction (when assigned) and construction.
1. Has overall responsibility for project success, including safety, schedule, profitability, quality and customer satisfaction as well as responsibility for personnel decisions that impact the project.
2. Participates in the business development process including client contacts, relationships, proposals, presentations, and negotiations for selected projects.
3. Responsible for understanding and administering prime contract terms and conditions, contract documents, subcontract agreements, purchase order agreements, insurance, etc.
4. Participates in preparation and review of estimates with attention to the following: adherence to cost control system, equipment requirements and utilization, constructability, formwork, materials, manpower, general conditions, schedule, insurance, etc.
5. Champions the orderly, timely transition of projects from the estimating phase to the field. This transition shall include project review meetings, which encompass a review of contract requirements, general conditions, schedules, budgets, subcontracts, and purchase order agreements.
6. Coordinates with the Project Superintendent the means and methods required for the successful and profitable execution of the work. Reviews and monitors manpower, equipment, and material resources to accomplish this goal.
7. Manages the development of the overall CPM schedule and assures coordination with the Project Superintendent and the procurement schedule with the Project Engineer. Ensures that as many levels of detailed schedules are prepared and distributed as required to support the project schedule. Pays special attention to prevention and documentation of delays or changes. Ensures that the Lean process is effectively utilized for all scheduling activities.
8. Prepares the Monthly Progress Report in coordination with the Superintendent(s). Uses available reports to manage costs and prepare accurate cost projections.
9. Reviews and executes all change orders, supplements, and cost control budget adjustments.
10. Manages all billings to ensure timely submission of payment applications and collection of payments from the owner in order to maintain a positive cash flow position. Manages the overall payment process with the subcontractors.
11. Responsible for the timely preparation and execution of purchase order agreements and subcontracts with respect to insurance certificates, bonds, and the appropriate lien waivers.
12. Completes close‐out requirements and punch lists in a timely manner. Handles warranty callbacks quickly to maintain owner/client relationships.
1. Four‐year construction‐related degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
2. Experience in preconstruction and in managing construction projects and a thorough knowledge of contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling systems, productivity analysis, construction operations, and cash flow procedures is essential.
3. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
7. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
8. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
9. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
10. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company