Sundt Construction's Award Winning Transportation Group is looking to add a Project Engineer to our San Antonio Texas office who would be heavily focused on Quality Control.
1. Responsible for maintaining as‐built drawings and other work tasks and assists with or reviews and processes submittals, change orders, RFI’s, and budget forecasting.
4. Assists with Quality Control and Safety Responsibilities and subcontractor coordination and oversight.
5. Provides support to superintendents required for the execution of the work and assists in the resolution of field problems as necessary.
6. May provide lines, grades and layout as required for the project while maintaining an organized log book.
7. Provides the following weekly quantities: maintains accurate quantity logs and reports quantities in compliance with the cost control manual. Completed logs are to be filed with the project files.
8. Assists in the calculation of daily production rates and unit costs for self‐performed work.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Previous experience as a Project Engineer on a heavy highway/transportation project preferred.
2. Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others is
3. Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ) proficiency.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work
2. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders,
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
7. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
8. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, )
9. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
10. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.