Supports the organization’s employee owner experience corporate strategy to ensure Sundt creates an environment where people thrive. The Manager of Employee Owner Relations will actively participate in the development, planning and implementation of engagement, compliance and diversity programs in line with Sundt’s strategic objectives. In addition, this individual will support the corporate Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Programs in compliance with government legislation and management directives.
1. Manages the company’s Employee Relations strategy by effectively providing resolution that is in line with our company’s core values, proactively mitigates risk, and meets business objectives.
2. Conducts various HR compliance investigations, audits, outside charges, reporting requirements, training, and others as needed, in line with applicable company policy and/or regulatory directives.
3. Serves as a Trusted Advisor to employee owners by effectively and collaboratively providing assistance in employee relations, while fostering trust that enhances the employee owner experience.
4. Actively participates in the development of union avoidance strategies and tactics.
5. Provides guidance to project management on the company’s labor relations policy and process.
6. Partners with regulatory agencies, industry organizations, and community outreach programs supporting the company’s diversity strategies.
7. Manages community outreach relations that are aligned with the organization’s diversity strategies and monitors internal and external diversity trends to identify and develop related action items.
8. Provides assistance with regulatory or contract interpretation, client assistance/training, and guidance.
9. Responsible for keeping all case files updated and organized and updating the corresponding case logs.
10. Knowledgeable of changing federal, state and/or local employment regulations and provides regular updates to the Human Resources Team.
11. Represents the company as the Corporate EEO Officer.
1. Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related fields required.
2. 5-10 years related work experience and/or combination of training and related experience.
3. Excellent employee relations, investigative, interviewing and mediation skills required.
4. Extensive knowledge of all Federal Contractor Compliance requirements, EEO, Affirmative Action and other employment related laws and regulations. Knowledgeable in all duties performed by previous positions in this career path.
5. Professional certifications in the Human Resources Management area considered a plus (e.g. PHR, SPHR).
6. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
3. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
4. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
5. Will lift, push or pull objects pounds on an occasional basis
6. Will interact with people and technology frequently during a shift/work day
7. Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic devices on a frequent basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.