The Communications Specialist works collaboratively and cross-departmentally to nurture strong relationships with internal customers and members of the media, ensuring excellent execution of strategies, tactics and activities in support of Sundt’s purpose, business objectives and goals. This role supports the Marketing Communications Manager in the development, implementation and evaluation of public relations programs for Sundt Construction. The Communications Specialist is responsible for positioning the company positively from both corporate and social responsibility perspectives, and assists the Marketing/Communications Manager by providing risk/reward analysis when evaluating important issues for media and internal audiences.
1. Develops public relations plans and performs media outreach in key markets.
2. Produces marketing content for projects for internal and external audiences.
3. Supports crisis communications planning, preparation and response activities.
4. Tracks publicity opportunities across all of Sundt’s business units for pitches to high-level publications, news releases and industry articles in support of strategic business goals.
5. Communicates with internal business groups to stay up-to-date with project milestones, challenges and successes, department changes and department events.
6. Cultivates relationships with reporters and editors of local business press and local, regional and national trade media.
7. Monitors media activity and performs regular measurement and analysis.
8. Supports Sundt’s digital outlets including the online newsroom and social media channels.
9. Evaluates advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
10. Works collaboratively with the marketing team to support projects, campaigns and other department needs.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. 4-year degree from accredited college or university. Communications related field
2. 5 years of public relations or other communications-related experience.
3. Must have previous public relations experience in an agency or corporate environment.
4. Must be able to work collaboratively with departments throughout the enterprise.
5. Crisis communications experience preferred.
6. Excellent writing skills are essential and professional poise/confidence to interface with
media and senior management.
7. Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet constant deadlines and have excellent time
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
3. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
4. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
5. Will lift, push or pull objects pounds on an occasional basis
6. Will interact with people and technology frequently during a shift/work day
7. Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic devices on a frequent basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.