Assists the Project Engineer with being the technical source of information for the project. Responds to questions about drawings, specifications, shop drawings, and change orders and have responsibility for assisting in writing change orders, RFI’s, meeting minutes, and reviewing Submittals. Maintains an effective and professional working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
This position includes three 'steps' (I, II and Senior), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. Step I is the entry level for individuals with a minimum of experience in this position. Step II is used for employees with 2 years of experience in this position, or with experience on larger and more complex projects. The 'Senior' step is used for employees with more than 4 years of experience and/or experience on significantly larger or more complex projects.
1. Assists Project Engineer in developing and maintaining as-built drawings and other work tasks and assists with or reviews and processes submittals, change orders, RFI’s, and budget forecasting. Ensures the timely and appropriate generation, collection, distribution, storage, retrieval and ultimate disposition of meeting agendas, RFI’s and daily reports.
2. May be responsible for overseeing/managing the BIM (Building Information Modeling) Coordination between Subcontractors and Designers.
3. May be responsible for the documentation and submittal for the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification of a building and for creating and updating Digital Record Drawings (DRD).
4. Ensures the administration of the project quality management plan and demonstrates and reinforces a culture of safety throughout the project. (Second sentence is enough)
5. Provides support to superintendents required for the execution of the work and assists in the resolution of field problems as necessary.
6. May provide lines, grades and layout as required for the project while maintaining an organized log book.
7. May provide the following weekly quantities: maintains accurate quantity logs and reports quantities in compliance with the cost control manual. Completed logs are to be filed with the project files. Perform elements of the processes involved in budgeting and controlling costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget. Demonstrates business acumen within area of responsibility. (Not all Field Engineers track quantities)
8. May assist in the calculation of daily production rates and unit costs for self-performed work. Participates in risk management including identification, analysis, response planning and monitoring and control on a project and demonstrates competency in understanding the environmental control processes for the project and takes corrective actions when necessary.
9. Demonstrates an understanding of the project management plan (PMP) and is involved in support and execution of the plan. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the change management process and performs project scope activities and supports the project team to ensure the work needed to complete the project successfully.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. Entry-level position that normally requires a four-year construction-related degree or equivalent technical/field experience.
2. Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others is essential.
3. Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) proficiency.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
7. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
8. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
9. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
10. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.