Sundt Construction's Tempe office is looking to add a Systems Administrator to the team! The Systems Administrator will be responsible for daily administration, support, and maintenance of all IT systems including Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Office365, Active Directory, Shoretel VoIP, SAN (HP, Compellent, Exagrid), virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V), video conferencing, backup (Commvault, Veeam, Backup Exec), network hardware and software, applications and other related systems. They will also proactively monitor reliability and health of network LAN & WAN systems and applications. In addition, they will report suspected problems to the appropriate IT Department resources for resolution or assistance. They also enforce IT Department policies and procedures for rights management, including drive mappings, peripherals, disk usage, file access, and security. In addition, they protect electronic data stored on network systems by verifying and testing data backup and restoration systems and complying with IT Department policies for tape retention and storage. They install regular patches and updates and document work processes to assist with knowledge transfer to all IT Department support levels and assists the field team as required.
1. Level 2 support position providing advanced technical support for computer hardware,
peripherals, hand-held devices, networking hardware, operating systems and software
2. Ensures the reliable and secure operation of the LAN in compliance with the stated SLA
agreement specified in the IT services catalog.
3. Verifies integrity of nightly back-ups and compliance with IT departments disaster
recovery and storage data procedures.
4. Responsible for creating, managing and deleting user account and providing end-user
5. Utilizes the IT department Change Management Process when adding new equipment and
6. Periodically assists various IT project leaders when investigating, implementing,
maintaining, upgrading and/or testing new network hardware, operating systems or
7. Actively enforces compliance with the Employee and Company Acceptable Use of
Electronic Information Systems Policy and immediately reports violations to IT manager.
8. Participates in activities to support the company’s strategic planning efforts.
1. Associates degree required
2. 3+ years’ experience in Microsoft Windows Administration
3. 5+ years technology related experience and A+ or Microsoft certification as a Systems
4. Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model.
5. Experience managing and monitoring diverse interconnected network systems.
6. Exposure to SAN and/or virtualization technologies preferred.
7. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of 1. a shift/work day.
2. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
3. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
4. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
5. Will lift, push or pull objects pounds on an occasional basis
6. Will interact with people and technology frequently during a shift/work day
7. Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic devices on a frequent
basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that
values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the
company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered
veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force
in the success of our company.