The Public Relations Specialist supports the Corporate Director of Public Relations & Marketing in the development, implementation and evaluation of public relations programs for Sundt Construction. This role works collaboratively and cross-departmentally to nurture strong relationships with internal customers and members of the media, ensuring excellent execution of strategies, tactics and activities in support of Sundt’s purpose, business objectives and goals. The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for positioning the company positively from both corporate and social responsibility perspectives, and assists the Marketing Director by providing risk/reward analysis when evaluating important issues for media and internal audiences.
1. Develops and implements comprehensive public relations plans and media outreach for key markets.
2. Supports crisis communications planning, preparation and response activities to include serving as Sundt’s backup crisis communications contact.
3. Gathers and tracks publicity opportunities across all of Sundt’s business units, with emphasis on securing high-level placements.
4. Writes, edits, distributes and pitches news releases.
5. Monitors media activity and performs regular measurement and analysis.
6. May write articles for industry trade publications.
7. Cultivates relationships with reporters and editors of local business press and local, regional and national trade media.
8. Maintains and updates Sundt's digital newsroom.
9. Evaluates advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
10. Assists the rest of the marketing department with tasks as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. 4-year degree from accredited college or university. Communications related field preferred.
2. 5 years of public relations or other communications-related experience.
3. Must be able to work collaboratively with departments throughout the enterprise.
4. Crisis communications experience preferred.
5. Must have previous corporate or public relations agency experience.
6. Excellent writing skills are essential and professional poise/confidence to interface with media and senior management.
7. Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet constant deadlines and have excellent time management/organizational skills.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
3. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
4. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
5. Will lift, push or pull objects pounds on an occasional basis
6. Will interact with people and technology frequently during a shift/work day
7. Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic devices on a frequent basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.