Sundt Construction's Award Winning Transportation Group is looking to add a Senior Field Engineer with concrete paving experience, PCCP (Portland Concrete Cement Pavement) to be specific! This individual would be based out of our Corporate HQ here in Tempe and eventually work in San Diego on an Airport Project we have just minutes from the Beach!
Assists the Project Engineer with being the technical source of information for the project. Responds to questions about drawings, specifications, shop drawings, and change orders and have responsibility for assisting in writing change orders, RFI’s, meeting minutes, and reviewing Submittals. Maintains an effective and professional working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
1. Assists Project Engineer in developing and maintaining as‐built drawings and other work tasks and assists with or reviews and processes submittals, change orders, RFI’s, and budget forecasting.
2. May be responsible for overseeing/managing the BIM (Building Information Modeling) Coordination between Subcontractors and Designers.
3. May be responsible for the documentation and submittal for the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification of a building and for creating and updating Digital Record Drawings (DRD).
4. Assists with Quality Control and Safety Responsibilities and subcontractor coordination and oversight.
5. Provides support to superintendents required for the execution of the work and assists in the resolution of field problems as necessary.
6. May provide lines, grades and layout as required for the project while maintaining an organized log book.
7. Provides the following weekly quantities: maintains accurate quantity logs and reports quantities in compliance with the cost control manual. Completed logs are to be filed with the project files.
8. Assists in the calculation of daily production rates and unit costs for self‐performed work.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Entry‐level position that requires a four‐year construction‐related or engineering
2. Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others is
3. Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ) proficiency.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work
2. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders,
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
7. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
8. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, )
9. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
10. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.