Sundt Construction's award winning San Diego Commercial Building Region is growing! We're looking to add (2) Prevailing Wage Administrators to our Team.
The Prevailing Wage Administrator will be responsible for providing key administrative support to prevailing wage projects in the division’s portfolio. The Prevailing Wage Administrator will also provide support in other key Project Administration capacities as the workload requires. Ideal individuals would have experience with monitoring and reviewing all compliance documentation related to certified payroll. They will review and audit all compliance documents, weekly certified payroll records, and daily reports for 10 to 80+ contractors. Correspondingly investigate, document, and provide resolution methods to contractors on discrepancies and errors. While also providing support and assistance to contractors with the interpretation of labor contract provisions, wage rates, and fringe benefits to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
1. Maintain confidentiality of all internal and external records
2. Monitors and communicates applicable contract requirements to affected project personnel and contractors (i.e. DIR Registration Tracking/DIR Contractor Debarments/CSLB verification)
3. Ensures that all compliance required records are completed in a timely and accurate manner, and are on file and ready for auditing (I.e., certified payroll, State and project required forms, minority craft hiring goals, monthly utilization report, and daily manpower reports for all contractors on the project)
4. Ability to set priorities and organize work while responding quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities, and tight timelines/deadlines
5. Attention to detail/accuracy with strong organizational skills
6. Problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to research, reach out for assistance, and provide creative solutions to real-time challenges with consistent follow through
7. Excellent communication skills, ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, management, joint venture teams; as well as unions, industry associations, government and enforcement agencies
8. Must be reliable in getting the work done in a fast-paced environment
1. General understanding of CA labor code, regulations, practices and methods
2. Knowledgeable in use and navigation of the DIR website
3. Previous experience with Labor Compliance Software (LCP Tracker, My LCM, eMars, DIR eCPR, etc.)
4. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
5. High school or equivalent experience
6. 1+ years directly in labor relations, labor compliance, or public works payroll administration
7. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within civil construction or a related field
Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
Will lift, push or pull objects pounds on an occasional basis
Will interact with people and technology frequently during a shift/work day
Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic devices on a frequent basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.