Position is required to assist in the inspection, acceptance, and/or rejection of work performed in a particular discipline in compliance with applicable codes and/or specifications as dictated by quality programs and/or contract documents and specifications.
Experience level must fall within the erection of structural steel. Must be able to work in elevated areas. Must have knowledge of AISC, AWS D1.1, and AWS D1.6 Codes. Must have knowledge of bolt-up inspection including bolt lot verifications using Skidmore-Wilhelm. Additionally, must have knowledge of architectural, insulation and lagging, grout and concrete placement, Epoxy anchor installation inspection. Must have CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) certification.
Electrical and Instrumentation Inspection:
Experience must fall in the installation of electrical and instrumentation components, including interconnecting wiring, cables, and tubing. Must be knowledgeable of ICEA, IEEE, ISA, NEC, NEMA, NESC, and NFPA Codes and standards.
Experience level must fall in the setting and alignment of static and rotating equipment, equipment skids, coolers, tanks, and interconnecting process piping fabrication and installation. Must be able to use measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, transits, etc. and be able to set up dial indicators and laser alignment devices.
Experience level must fall in pipe installation inspection, including welding, supports, instrumentation, etc. Must have CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) certification.
1. Participates in the preparation of Quality control ITP.
2. Assists material handling personnel with required material storage and PM requirements as needed.
3. Performs control measuring and tests equipment.
4. Communicates with others regarding inspections results and recommends corrective procedures.
5. Verifies the installation of the systems, components and equipment in accordance with the assigned discipline.
6. Participates in activities to support the company’s strategic planning efforts.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1. HS Degree Required
2. 1+ year in quality control inspection discipline
3. 1+ year construction practices
4. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
2. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
3. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
4. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
7. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
8. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
9. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
10. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.