Monitors one or more specific projects for safety and provides technical assistance to assure that the company's loss control practices are being followed.
This position includes two "steps" (I,II), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. Step I is the entry level for individuals with a minimum of 3 years experience in this position. Step II is used for employees with at least
5 years experience in the position.
1. Recommends procedures to improve existing safety methods.
2. Maintains current knowledge of legal and contractual requirements affecting safety, health, and welfare.
3. Supervises the provision and use of protective clothing and equipment.
4. Determines the cause of any accident or dangerous occurrence and recommends a means of prevention.
5. Assists with safety training for employees at all levels.
6. Remains current with recommended codes of practice and safety literature.
7. May provide technical support to one or more job sites to prevent injury to personnel and damage to equipment.
8. Verifies the suitability of new or rented equipment.
9. Participates in activities to support the company’s strategic planning efforts.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Associates Degree required, Bachelors preferred.
2. 3+ years in safety management.
3. 2+ years in a construction related environment.
4. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, religion, sex, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, or genetic information. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.